I stumbled upon a rather good deal the other day, and thought I’d share it. Here’s how to get free web hosting.
As I’ve written before, I do dally into other niche sites and business pursuits. I’m starting to share more of them with the goal of helping other men break free.
With that being said, I recently (by complete accident) managed to get myself a free domain and hosting for a year. Along with $200 in ad credits (Google/Bing). And to top it off, I got $25, too.
So if you’re looking to start your own website, or business–now’s the time.
HOW TO GET FREE WEB HOSTING
Let me break it down real quick:
- The majority of the Troublesome Media sites run on GoDaddy (yuck). At this point I can’t be bothered to move them to a new host.
- Some of my other websites run over at BlueHost.
- Recently, I started a new business endeavor and decided I wanted separate hosting for it. Apart from any other sites I own.
- So I called the friendly folks at BlueHost affiliate support and asked if I was allowed to buy through my own BlueHost affiliate link.
- The answer was yes–ONCE.
- Well, I hadn’t done it before. So I bought my new domain and hosting, and set everything up.
- Within half an hour I had my new website and hosting set up, and $120 in affiliate fees in my BlueHost affiliate account.
I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Sure, I won’t get the money back for at least 45 days, but it’s no big deal.
As with most web hosts, I also got some credits to spend in Google Adwords and Bing–roughly $200 total. This is perfect as I continue to invest in my new niche site and up-and-coming dropshipping store.
HOW YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS, TOO
STEP 1: Sign up for a BlueHost affiliate account. You can do that here.
STEP 2: Navigate to your dashboard and get your affiliate link, as seen here:
STEP 3: Open a second browser and paste that link in. Go through the signup process. If you’d like, you can make sure your affiliate worked by right clicking on the page and selecting ‘View Source’. Then look for your affiliate ID.
STEP 4: Enjoy your new hosting with BlueHost. Get going on that new idea.
Anyways, just wanted to share this with you guys. I know jumping into business can be a scary thought, especially if it involves an up-front investment. Even if it’s something as small as a domain or website. That’s still $100 that could be used for other stuff.
Hopefully this encourages you to take that leap.
PS: If you don’t want to be bothered with this process but still want to start a site, I appreciate if you buy it through this link and support me.