Here’s a list of easy drink recipes you can use to seduce a lady. These go slightly beyond something as simple as a vodka-soda or rum-and-coke. They will give you enough of a “bartending DHV” to actually impress a girl.
Ingredients needed: Tequila, grenadine, orange juice, ice
- Pour a shot of tequila into a high ball glass(don’t get too picky about the glass – it’s not the biggest deal).
- Fill most of the rest of the glass with orange juice. Leave half an inch of clearance.
- Stir tequila and orange juice together. Alternatively, you can skip steps 1 and 2 and just use a shaker.
- Tip the glass on the side as if you were pouring a beer, and pour just less than a shot of grenadine into the glass.
- Let it settle for a minute. You should have a sunrise type color after.
*Note: it will taste the same no matter what. The steps are to ensure the “sunrise” comes out clean.
*Note: I’m a lazy fuck and unwilling to manually squeeze lime juice, and on top of that a lot of girls don’t like margaritas on the rocks. Therefore, at home I use the following recipe. Makes two margaritas.
Ingredients needed: Minute Maid or generic frozen lime juice (frozen aisle of grocery store), tequila, triple sec, salt, ice
- Chill glass(es)
- Pour roughly ten ice cubs, three (or more) shots of tequila, 1.5 shots of triple sec, and half the frozen lime juice into blender.
- Blend together for 5 seconds, or until the ice is mixed in.
- Salt glass(es)
- Pour blended margarita into chilled glasses
- Garnish with lime and straw
*Very easy to make a strawberry margarita instead – simply buy frozen strawberry juice instead of lime.
Ingredients needed: Ginger beer (buy at liquor store, most grocery stores don’t have it), vodka, lime (optional)
- Pour just over a shot of vodka and ice into a glass. I highly recommend Russian Standard for this drink in particular.
- Pour roughly 6oz of ginger beer into glass. Stir together
- (Optional) Squeeze lime into glass and garnish
Kinda gay, I know.
Ingredients needed: Vodka, Blue Curacao, sour mix or limes, Sprite/Sierra Mist/Squirt, ice
- Collins glass usually recommended. Most will suffice.
- Mix a shot of vodka, half a shot of BC, 2oz sour mix or lime juice, soda of choice, and ice together.
- Garnish with lemon.
- Generally served with a straw. Like I said, kinda gay.
Bonus – Whiskey!
I’m not a big fan of whiskey at all and rarely make whiskey drinks, but a Dr. Pepper and Fireball (aka 1,000 Suns) is a fantastic drink. If you want to count Fireball as whiskey. Just mix a rocks glass with 1/3 Fireball and the rest Dr. Pepper, more or less depending on your taste and tolerance.
Or try Fireball with 151. I did that once. All I can say is good luck 😉
Stay tuned for Part 2 later this week, when I’ll touch on Gin and Rum.