Typical Woman Makes It About Her

woman makes it about her

On my most recent post, a commenter wrote the following:

I really like this post, and completely understand your frustrations with the corporate world, however, there is one paragraph I have an issue with:
“Meanwhile, it makes me upset that any decent looking girl can have the fucking world, hardly have to work and it’s simply because she’s blessed with a pair of tits. Any decent looking, pleasant girl has the ability to wife up a beta provider to pay for all her shit with his good college degree, his good job, and all of his material possessions he can hardly afford”

I am female, the same age as you, and like you, worked hard and have a good degree, however I have not had it easy. After I came back from travelling I was unemployed for 7 months, then did a 3 month unpaid internship. I now have a paid internship, but half my wages go on tax and travelling to work and back. Moving out and owning a car are out of the question. Where I’m from living in an apartment alone is unheard of at this age, even my friends with well paid jobs are either sharing or still living with their parents.

I’d like to think I’m decent looking, however finding a partner is not easy as so is 70% of the rest of the female population. Also, with so much fast, no-investment sex around a lot of men don’t want relationships. And even if I did get married, costs of living are so high that not working would still not be an option.

I’m not writing this for sympathy, as I know I am lucky to be in a position where I can pursue a graduate career I find vaguely fulfilling. I just think you should count your blessings and not assume women have it easier. The corporate world can be soul-destroying sometimes, but you are actually in an enviable position compared to most people.

My response, as I usually am, was kinda mean.

And yet, you prove my point further. You take my post, which is an issue about MEN, and immediately flip it into a “woe is me” story about being a female. NEWSFLASH: Every fucking girl does this, and I am sick of it.

You have a graduate degree. Nobody gives a fuck. Let me guess, it’s one of these *great* degrees? https://thisistrouble.com/2013/…

Women do have it easier. I’ve yet to ever meet a woman who works as hard as a man, yet most women are completely able to spout bullshit about how they DO work just as hard, if not harder. It’s the typical rationalization in action that makes no logical sense on paper, yet somehow in their head it does. My experience shows women typically are often incapable of handling positions, so they are *promoted* to positions where they have to do less and are coddled

Frankly, the reason you can’t find someone to finance your life is because I can already tell you are an entitled, career-centric women. If you are decent looking, then you’re likely spending your time chasing men who don’t want commitment, but yet turn you on. You poor girls have it bad here, you want what you can’t have and don’t want what you can have.

Care less about your career and accomplishments, learn to cook like your grandmother, and quit chasing men you can’t have – and I bet you’ll find a nice computer programmer who makes $100k+ a year willing to settle down with you. And, the fact that you are in a city so expensive you can’t move out by yourself means there are plenty of men to go around. Two years ago, that would have been me.

But no, you’d never want that. Quit whining about what is easily obtainable right in front of you, but that you’re too stupid to get.

What do other readers think?

Read More: Why Women Should Read Manosphere Blogs

• […] Typical Woman Makes It About Her […]

• nroudyk says:

I agree with you but you really need to learn the art of tact. When you personally attack people they just shut down and turn against you because most people dont think “this guy is an asshole but hes right.” So if you’re really trying to change minds, I would suggest tone down your language. Suggest, rather than judge.
    Of course, if this blog is just the catharsis of a high IQ former beta, then forget everything I said. Sometimes you just gotta let stuff out.

• TroubleMaker says:

Thank you for the feedback and I see where you are coming from.

If a man had posted this I never would have responded like I did. I just have very little pity for women these days, so I fired off a loaded gun. There is little point in having a logical discussion in these circumstances.

• I’m not going to disagree with you by any means, I was a giant dick here. I just simply don’t care if I hurt people’s feelings. I appreciate the feedback.

Admittedly, if this had been a man, I’m sure I would have responded much differently. It was the fact that it was an entire article about men’s issues, and a woman managed to take the least relevant part of it and spin it into a woe is me story, set me off.

There’s no point in arguing logically with a girl, so I went to town.

• crabstampede says:

I wouldn’t have responded at all. Her issue is well known in the manosphere. Have you banned her yet?

• Ahahaha says:

Can’t side with you here.

Finally, bitching and complaining is for bitches. That commenter had a fairly reasonable answer, and maybe it did ring of “I’m a victim of circumstance.” I understand why you were upset: her comment had very little to do with your article, only with one particular part of it:

“Meanwhile, it makes me upset that any decent looking girl can have the fucking world, hardly have to work – and it’s simply because she’s blessed with a pair of tits. Any decent looking, pleasant girl has the ability to wife up a beta provider to pay for all her shit with his good college degree, his good job, and all of his material possessions he can hardly afford. You know, because he’s a nice guy and did things right.”

And she’s 100% right in disputing that point, because that point is incongruent to reality. Girls get guys easier (Because they are the selectors), but a girl isn’t going to settle for a schmuck who’ll pay her bills in the same way you won’t settle for an ugly girl who’ll give her pussy at a moments notice. Girls are out there trying to maximize their profit in the sexual marketplace just like you are (A masculine trait, and whether this is good for society as a whole is another question). But that shouldn’t matter to an “Alpha” like you…oh wait, that post and the subsequent emotional outbursts are very beta maneuvers, by your definition.

Final observation: Since RoK, it seems like the manosphere has become an enormous tank of groupthink. “Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.” Does that sound redpill to you?

The real red pill will never advertise itself as red pill.

• “Huge problem I have is applying the apex fallacy to the female gender. The top 5-10% of men have it just as easy as the top 10-20% of women. Maybe the spread for women is greater greater, but the average woman doesn’t have it much easier than the average man.”

Wrong, at least in America. Girls who are 4s and 5s are well sought after and provided for.

“Also “quit whining about what is easily obtainable in front of you, but you’re too stupid to get.” Apply this to yourself and see the double standard. Why don’t you go get a 9-5 office job and live like a sheep. It’s a lot easier than being independent, traveling the world, and being free.”

Newsflash, I have a 9-6 office job and I’m moving towards quitting it.

“Girls are out there trying to maximize their profit in the sexual marketplace just like you are (A masculine trait, and whether this is good for society as a whole is another question).”

And my point was that girls can adjust accordingly and do fine. I know plenty of “nice” guys who aren’t complete schmucks that would love to settle down but can’t.

“But that shouldn’t matter to an “Alpha” like you…oh wait, that post and the subsequent emotional outbursts are very beta maneuvers, by your definition. I’m sorry you got passed up for your promotion, and I know this is what it’s about. But grow a fucking pair and, because literally nobody on the interwebz cares about your issues, thisistrouble may as well be an online diary if that were the case.”

The original post wasn’t an alpha mindset and I’d be the first to tell you that. It was a rant of despair. I wasn’t the promotion at all, and I made that clear when I clearly stated it was because of selling my car.

You obviously cared enough to read, and I don’t know what you expect out of this website. As far as I know, it kinda is my online diary, where men can come and see the steps I took towards self improvement. I’m honestly curious to know what you and other readers think it is? Perhaps most find it as a solely self improvement website, and if so, is that the direction readers want to see it go? More positive and less of my personal rantings? I have other websites and projects where I focus on far less personal bullshit, but if overwhelming support points towards a different feel I would consider taking it that way if I thought it would reach more men my age.

• Her response to this is here: https://thisistrouble.com/2014/06/07/what-the-fuck-is-the-point-of-being-a-man/#

“Whoa… definitely an extreme response there!My post was definitely not meant to be a “woe is me” story. Far from it, as I know I’m lucky to have a graduate job I enjoy most of the time and get paid for it. I was just making a point about how I worked hard to get there and have definitely not had it easy as a woman. To be honest, I think the main post could apply to either gender as men and women both go through the school-university-career path, I don’t think anyone “works harder”. Also, I didn’t personally do an arts degree, but I wouldn’t blame anyone who did and was struggling to find work, as we were told in school that it doesn’t matter what degree you do, and we should just pick a subject we enjoy.
    I don’t particularly want someone to finance my life, I’d be more than happy to work and just date someone I like, and I’m sure most people feel the same. My point was that if my aim was to marry and give up work, it would not be as simple as you make out, and with the declining marriage rates and high divorce rates, replying on a man to provide for you would be unwise at best. As for “chasing after what I can’t have”, I’m not currently “chasing” anyone, but hasn’t everyone liked someone who doesn’t like them back at some point in their life? It’s just human nature.
    I can cook perfectly well and wouldn’t describe myself as overly career-driven, but things cost money, and for money you need… a career. Hence why I give it some importance, just like everyone else does.
    I don’t want an argument, my aim was just to provoke thought, as you can see from the fact that I didn’t attack you personally and said at the beginning I liked the gist of the post overall. Of course you are free to disagree, but I think your response was OTT.”

• Wald says:

I have a couple opinions:

1. it’s your site and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. Your house, your rules.

2. While I agree with you (she makes it all about her) – if I were you, I’d take a little time to point it out – obvious to the point of absurdity. Will make her look dumber and give back some of the points you’ll inevitably lose with some onlookers (which I perfectly understand if you don’t care about that!).

As for banning women and making it a men’s space only – I’d say this would make moderation a whole lot easier and instead of wasting your breath on women who won’t listen anyway (outside of fucking her, few women do these days), you could just quickly ban her and get on with your day.

Wald

• TroubleMaker says:

And that is a great suggestion, I should have ridiculed her beyond belief. Like Nada said on Twitter, pointing out that she used “I” in about 12+ consecutive sentences would have been enough.

I sincerely hope I didn’t turn any regular readers off due to my comments, because I certainly care about that.

• Hey man, thanks for the feedback. I do take to heart what people who are regular readers and whom I have interacted have to say, and I appreciate the honesty. I have a hard time taking people who are anonymous seriously.