Trouble’s Travels Volume VIII: To The Top
- Prologue: Trouble Returns From Travels
- Volume I: Getting To Poland – 30 Hours Of Delays, Kissing-Ass, And Getting Drunk In Airports
- Volume II: The First Night In Poland, Selling Strip Club Tickets
- Volume III: Getting Yadstopped
- Volume IV: Where Is Alpha Dwarf?
- Volume V: The Wroclaw Dash
- Volume VI: “I-So-Would” Go To London
- Volume VII: The First Solo Dolo Day
After practically stumbling home the night before (got off on the wrong bus stop and had to walk through London, Kensington at 3am), I somehow still woke up by about 9am. Traveler’s insomnia is a real thing, which unfortunately wears you down even more so than travel already. Up to this point on my trip, I hadn’t done any day drinking! So I hopped on the Tube to Oxford Circus, and began wandering around. Eventually, I found a cheap little pub a few blocks off the street and put away a few beers.
Then I had one of the best burgers (and cheese fries) of my life:
From there, I headed to the top of The Shard, which had some pretty spectacular views of London:
It kinda sticks out like a sore thumb, once you leave the premises.
I tried my best to take it easy the rest of the day. I found out that Westminster and London are two totally different cities, intersecting fact of the day. Apparently the “real” London is only a couple square miles in diameters.
Here is the guardian to the city of London:
That sums up London. I went to bed early, having to wake up at 4:30am for my flight.
Barcelona awaited me – check back tomorrow.